Introducing watch face sharing, sleep tracking, and automatic handwashing detection
Watch Faces and Sharing
Automatic Handwashing Detection
Workout Types and Fitness App
Additional watchOS 7 Updates
- For optimal convenience while biking, cycling directions are available right on the wrist. Directions are large and easy to read, and Maps can direct when to dismount and walk the bike, or take the stairs to save time. The wearer can choose a route that avoids steep hills, gets to the destination the quickest, or takes the most direct path.
- Customers can now use Siri to translate many languages conveniently from the wrist, dictation is handled on device with the power of the Apple Neural Engine for faster and more reliable processing when dictating messages and more, and Apple Watch now supports Announce Messages with Siri. The Shortcuts app is also now available on Apple Watch and can be accessed as a complication.
- Developers can create graphic complications with SwiftUI, and new developer tools such as Xcode Previews make building them even easier.
- New complications for native features include: Camera Remote, Sleep, and Shortcuts.
- New Mobility Metrics available in the Health app include: low-range cardio fitness, walking speed, stair-descent speed, stair-ascent speed, six-minute walk distance, double support time, step length, and asymmetry. These metrics are important for the clinical community to monitor patients’ ability to move safely and easily as they age. Typically only measured in a lab setting, these metrics can be uniquely measured by Apple Watch and iPhone, and used by developers, such as Zimmer Biomet, a musculoskeletal healthcare company, in patient care and in management tools such as mymobility
Images of watchOS 7
- According to the World Health Organization, a person can be exposed to 80 decibels for about 40 hours per week without an impact to hearing abilities, also known as the safe weekly listening dose. At 85 dB, the recommendation is a maximum of 13 hours per week. At 90 dB, the recommended maximum is 4 hours per week; at 95 dB, it is 1 hour per week; and at 100 dB, it is 24 minutes per week.
Apple Media Helpline
Categories: DPC News