Denice – Outsourced General Counsel By Michael Tetreault, Editor-in-Chief, Host, The DocPreneur Leadership Podcast
Today on The DocPreneur Leadership Podcast we sit down with Denice Gierach, Outsourced General Counsel of The Gierach Law Firm. Denice has over thirty years of experience representing family owned businesses and privately held companies, serving as general counsel and helping with both their legal and business tax needs.
Denice Gierach is a business lawyer in Naperville, IL. She has over thirty years of experience representing family owned businesses and privately held companies, serving as general counsel and helping them with both their legal and business tax needs She combines her education and experience with a unique approach to client service.
In this candid conversation about the legal and financial needs Doctors have we discuss (but not limited to):
- How to stay in growth mode in your medical practice and business
- Developing your vision and how to stay true to that vision as a Physician
- Determining what is broken in your practice/business, so that you can fix it and move back to growth
- How to effectively use your business attorney’s services
- Start with the end in mind…What is your eventual exit strategy?
- How to leave a meaningful legacy
CMT FORUM: www.ConciergeMedicineFORUM.com
INDUSTRY NEWS: www.ConciergeMedicineToday.com
Professional Experience and Services
- Business Lawyer. As a business lawyer in Naperville, Denice provides business advice to small- and medium-sized family-owned businesses. She helps them develop strategies to grow their businesses, preserve their business culture throughout generations, and resolve disputes among family members.
- Estate Planning Attorney. Denice also serves as an estate planning attorney in Naperville. She has planned many of the estates, wills and trusts for clients who are also business owners, and has experience handling probate, trust administration, taxation and disputes as they arise.
- Certified Public Accountant. Denice is a CPA, or certified public accountant, and also has a Master’s Degree in Business from the Executive Master’s Program at Northwestern University. She helps her clients with business tax planning, as well as new business development and selling or purchasing a business.
- A Former Business Owner. Perhaps most importantly, Ms. Gierach is not only a business lawyer in Naperville, but also a former business owner herself. She has formerly owned and operated several businesses in addition to her own law firm, including a $30 million real estate development firm and a corrugated box manufacturing company. She sees things through a different lens, discerning the business issues first before looking at it from a legal standpoint. Because of her business experience and understanding, Denice is able to create solutions for her clients’ problems, or find new sources of income to enhance client growth. Attorneys without her extensive skills and unique experience may not be able to offer such comprehensive solutions to their clients.
- Outsourced General Counsel. As a business lawyer in Naperville, Denice works closely with her clients as part of their business team, with the growth of her clients’ businesses as her first priority. Through the Gierach Law Firm’s Outsourced General Counsel Program, Denice can offer legal advice and skill to a business, at a fraction of the cost of an in-house lawyer.
Denice is admitted to practice in:
- The State of Illinois
- The State of Arizona
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Supreme Court
She is a member of the Trial Bar for the Northern District of Illinois.
Denice has written numerous newspaper columns in the Business Ledger, geared toward closely held businesses in the Chicago market. In 2008, The Business Ledger named her as one of twenty “Influential Women in Business.” She continues to write blog posts on various subjects that impact her clients.
In addition to her professional experience as a business and estate planning attorney in Naperville, Denice believes strongly in working with charities in her local communities to impact those people and animals that are less fortunate. Her charity work includes:
- Secretary and on the board of the DuPage Foundation, a local community foundation with assets in excess of $63 million.
- Past President and on the board for the Naperville Area Humane Society.
- Past Secretary and on the board for the Heritage YMCA, located in the Naperville Area.
- Longstanding member of The Rotary Club of Naperville
- Member of Vistage.
Areas of Practice:
- Wills & Trusts
- Business & Commercial Law
- Business Organizations
- Estate Planning
- Litigation & Appeals
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Real Estate Law
- Land Use & Zoning
- State, Local & Municipal Law
- Tax Increment Financing
- Taxation Law
- Administrative Law
- Employment Law – Employee, Employer
Categories: DPC News