By Rene Quashie on March 20, 2018 Telemedicine
- The top four objectives of respondents’ telemedicine programs are patient-focused, a trend observed since this survey was launched in 2015.
- Almost half of respondents are taking an enterprise approach to telemedicine, a 23% increase from 2017.
- Reimbursement continues to be one of the top challenges for telemedicine programs, a trend persisting since this survey’s inception in 2015.
- Clinics and private practices are among the care settings showing the strongest growth since 2015.
- Psychiatry and dermatology are among the specialties showing the strongest growth since 2015.
- Clinical documentation is a key component in two of the top three most valuable telemedicine platform features.
- Of those participants using their EMR system as their telemedicine platform, nearly half are documenting in the EMR after remote consultations have ended.
Read more from REACH Health at: https://reachhealth.com/resources/telemedicine-industry-survey/
Each year, REACH Health publishes an industry benchmark survey that provides great insight into what telemedicine industry leaders are thinking. Its most recently published survey is no different. The 2018 survey was conducted among healthcare executives, physicians, and other professionals during December 2017 and January 2018. Survey participants spanned the industry with almost half representing health systems and hospitals. Here are some takeaways from the survey:
CONTINUE READING FULL STORY …